Churches in the Community
First Baptist Institutional
Greater New Jerusalem
Greater St Paul Missionary
New Mount Zion
Pilgrim Rest Missionary
St Luke's Freewill
Greater St Paul Missionary Baptist Church
St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church was organized in 1916 by Reverend Willis Lucas, his wife and Mrs. Gracie Gay.
They acquired a piece of property at the corner of Eighth Street and Virginia Avenue where the built their first house of worship.
After the first ten years, the church had some expansion. A parsonage was built; and inside the church an arch was built over the choir stand and a baptismal pool was installed.
Dr. N.S. Sanders was pastor in 1985.
Dr NS Sanders
Page Under Construction
Bible School class in the early 1940s.
1916 - 1921
1933 - 1966