Churches in the Community
First Baptist Institutional
Greater New Jerusalem
Greater St Paul Missionary
New Mount Zion
Pilgrim Rest Missionary
St Luke's Freewill
Pilgrim Rest Missionary Baptist Church
Pilgrim Rest Free Will Baptist Church was founded in 1929, as a result of an internal dispute within the St. Luke Free Will Baptist Church.
As a result, several members who had been banished from St. Luke and not restored began having church services in two story dwelling on Kettles Avenue - across the street from Pilgrim Rest's original sanctuary and present Fellowship Hall.
Reverend D.L. Bright was pastor in 1985.
1047 N Ohio Avenue 33805
Bible School class in the early 1940s.
1929 - 1937
1937 - 1958